Menu Contact

Seeking compensation for child sexual abuse

Discovering that your child was sexually abused is a traumatic experience for any parent. Your first thought is likely going to be to ensure that your child gets the help they need to learn to live with what happened. From there, you might want revenge. It is imperative that you keep your actions within the confines of the law. We know that this is difficult, but you do have options for handling these situations.

First, you should file a police report. This could trigger criminal charges against the person if there is evidence that proves they did take advantage of your child. The criminal case can lead to them spending time in prison, paying fines and having to register as a sex offender.

On top of the criminal case, a person accused of sexual misconduct with a child can face a civil lawsuit. This seeks compensation for the damages that the sexual abuse caused. The damages can include money to cover the medical bills and the mental health care bills that you have for your child. It can also involve compensating you for the time you have to miss work while you are helping your child to heal from the abuse.

These cases aren't always easy to undergo. You will have to discuss the situation, which can be very difficult. Many parents in this position find that the benefit of being able to hold the person accountable far outweighs that negative points of going through this process. We are here to help you ensure that you are able to hold the person liable for the things they did to your child.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Our Team

How Can We Help?

You can call today to set up an appointment, book online with this link or simply text 203-433-5129 to begin an open dialog with a member of our team.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

76 Westminster Street, Suite 420
Providence, RI 02903

Phone: 203-433-5129
Phone: 401-272-6701
Phone: 203-433-5070
Phone: 401-272-6700
Providence Law Office Map

100 Beard Sawmill Rd.
Suite 630
Shelton, CT 06484

Phone: 401-400-4254
Phone: 401-272-6701
Phone: 203-433-5070
Phone: 401-272-6700
Shelton Law Office Map